Dan Misener likes the radio

Among other things, Dan is a public radio producer.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

I'll be on CKDU Monday

I have an item on tomorrow's Popped Culture on CKDU. Last month, I attended the fourth annual World Rock Paper Scissors Championship here in Toronto. I was feeling a bit dejected, because everyone I pitched the idea to didn't want it (it'd been covered to death in past years). But I'd signed up for media credentials, and I thought it sounded fun, so I went anyway. I ended up with a bunch of tape I didn't know what to do with. I sat on it for a couple weeks. Then last week, a serendipitous email from Melissa Buote arrived, telling me the theme of this week's show was "Games." Suddenly, my story had a home. The moral: even if you don't think anything'll come of it, if your gut says go, go. And bring your tape recorder. So if you're in Halifax, and within broadcast range, have a listen. The show airs at 5:30 PM AST at 97.5 FM. Or, tune in live online at ckdu.ca or subscribe to the podcast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home