Dan Misener likes the radio

Among other things, Dan is a public radio producer.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Popped Culture

While home this past summer, I spent some time at my favourite campus/community radio station, CKDU. On more than one occasion, I happened upon meetings for the CKDU Pop Culture Collective. I could tell that something exctiting was brewing. And for the past few weeks, I've been enjoying the fruits of the collective's labour: Popped Culture. Hosted by a cast of CKDU celebs, each half-hour episode is an examination of "all things pop and culture - movies and television, music and videogames, books and magazines and everything else that has an impact on popular - and unpopular - culture." It's a blast. So far, I've listened to programs on Jonathan Torrens, J-Pop, Jem and the Holograms, and tonight, the Surveillance Camera Players. I've set my copy of Audio Hijack to record CKDU's live stream each and every week at 5:30 ADT. "But Dan," you say, "I don't live in Halifax, and I don't have any fancy stream-recording software." No fear friends! The miraculous Stephen Kelly has set up an MP3 archive of recent CKDU programming. You can stream or download Popped Culture (plus many other quality programs) at http://ckdu.dal.ca. For instance, here's a link to the episode I listened to tonight. The CKDU Popped Culture Collective -- is it any wonder Troy Richter called it his "new favourite posse in the world"?

1 Comments:

  • At 10/07/2005 01:00:00 AM, Blogger Webmaster said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
    I too have a sirrus satellite radio site/blog. It pretty much covers the same sirrus satellite radio related stuff you have.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)
    Let me know what you think or if you want me to add a link to you on my site.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home