Dan Misener likes the radio

Among other things, Dan is a public radio producer.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Keeping track of radio content using Technorati

I've recently been digging Technorati (Peter describes it as "Google for weblogs"). I've set up a watchlist for CBC Radio, so everytime somebody blogs about our national public broadcaster, it shows up in my Bloglines. And tonight, I learned about Technorati tags, which allow bloggers to categorize their posts. Apparently you can search by tag, so I tried to set up a watchlist for tag:radio. Presuming it works, I'll get radio photos from Flickr, links from del.icio.us and Furl, and blog posts from Technorati, all in one feed categorized by human beings. I like when information I want comes right to me. Update: the watchlist I created for "tag:radio" kept coming up empty, so I emailed the folks at Technorati, and they told me that tag watchlists haven't been implemented yet. Their full reply, including a workaround, follows:
Dan, This is on our "short list" for feature extensions. We hope to have it soon. There's one thing you can do in the meantime: You can create a watchlist on URL for the tag, for example: http://technorati.com/tag/radio The limitation is that you'll only get posts with Technorati tags in them, not blog categories. But perhaps you'll find this useful until we get our act together :-) Hope this helps. Thanks for your interest in what we're doing, and for taking the time to write to us. Adam Hertz Vice President of Engineering Technorati, Inc.
Technorati tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home