Dan Misener likes the radio

Among other things, Dan is a public radio producer.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hey, Let's Go Do Something

I just got back to Windsor from Toronto, where I spent a few days graduating from Ryerson. I return with a strong desire to get my new podcast/radio show off the ground. Although I haven't written about it here before, I mentioned it at the TO podcaster meetup, and the idea made its way onto Tod's I Love Radio.org. So here's the basic concept: A weekly 30-minute radio show and podcast called Hey, Let's Go Do Something, in which I learn about my new home (Windsor, Ontario) by doing stuff with locals. I pick a local, and they pick the activity. It might be preparing for a yard sale. It might be painting parking spaces at midnight. Who knows? I've met the staff at CJAM, the University of Windsor's campus/community radio station, and I hope we can talk next week about the possibility of distributing it both online and on-air. Why is this a good idea? Well, if it works,
  • I get to learn more about my community
  • I have an excuse to talk to strangers
  • I get to introduce cool people and activities to others
  • By distributing it weekly via CJAM, I have a deadline. I need deadlines.
As I've mentioned, I'd like to get this going before iTunes supports podcasting. With my afternoons free here in Windsor, I've got nothing stopping me but myself. Thoughts? Suggestions? Know anybody in Windsor with whom I can spend half an hour? Let me know.

1 Comments:

  • At 6/14/2005 02:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As a long time CJAMer (I've been with the station in some form or another since 1995), welcome! Have you heard if they'll be able to find you a decent on-air timeslot yet? It sounds like a great show, I'd love to see it added to the schedule!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home