Dan Misener likes the radio

Among other things, Dan is a public radio producer.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

MicroTrack 2496

I was excited when CDM first reported on M-Audio's FlashTracker/MicroTrack recording unit. Now it looks like this little unit is official. A pro-quality digital recorder with headphone monitoring, USB transfers, and phantom power? For 500 dollars? Not too shabby. Unlike the Edirol R-1 I've been coveting, it doesn't have built-in mics. And hopefully unlike the Edirol R-1, it won't be perpetually on backorder.

4 Comments:

  • At 7/29/2005 07:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you seen any review of it?

     
  • At 8/11/2005 08:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its competitors -- The Marantz unit has noisy mic preamps; the Edirol is not very rugged, etc.
    Does anyone know the quality of the Microtrack's mic pre's? Does it have choice of AGC or manual level controls?
    Somewhere Somewhere I;'ve read that it comes witgh bundled mic, and that "other mics" may overlopad the input stage.
    Anyopne know anything?

     
  • At 8/12/2005 06:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm hoping MicroTrack is better.

    I don't know anything about the pre's but I know that the estimated three hour of battery time is for then using two phantom mics and I also know that the software of currenly doesn't have a pre-recording feature.

    The included mic is a stereo electret microphone.

    They also told me that it would be available in the middle to end of september.

     
  • At 9/26/2005 06:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've got one & have played with it a little. For pro use, it would be nice if:

    - it had incorporated a removable battery pack.

    - had 'track makers' feature

    Can't have everything I suppose

     

Post a Comment

<< Home