Dan Misener likes the radio

Among other things, Dan is a public radio producer.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Good things come to those who wait. Better things come to those who wait longer.

Or perhaps, equally appropriate, “The squeaky wheel gets the grease.” That’s certainly the way it feels right now. Nearly six months in the making, my internship at CBC Radio has finally been approved. I received this in my inbox yesterday afternoon, the result of my incessant pestering of Joan Melanson:
I was in yesterday, and I have some good news - the approval for your internship at CBL has gone ahead.
Joan has been absolutely wonderful – an advocate and a champion, navigating the turbulent waters of CBC bureaucracy on my behalf. After being told “maybe” for so long, then very recently “no,” she somehow managed to wrangle a “yes” out of the powers that be. Kudos to her.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home