Dan Misener likes the radio

Among other things, Dan is a public radio producer.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

And the CBC lockout blogs keep rolling in...

Just stumbled across Jennifer's blog. She touches on an interesting phenomenon, one that a colleague and I discussed earlier today:
... eventually a few of us hang our signs in the trees to throw around a Frisbee. I feel guilty after about half an hour, so I put my sign back on to do the long boring walk some more.
There seem to be unwritten rules and expectations on the picket line. But where do these feelings of obligation come from? Besides serving as a public display, what the is function of picketing? Why do I feel guilty when I stop to sit down or have a drink?

1 Comments:

  • At 8/18/2005 07:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ran into a union rep today. He too wonders about the value of picketing empty buildings. Maybe next week we should step it up - picket, oh say, MPs offices, federal buildings, Starbucks locations. Uh, well, OK - not Starbucks. But if we could go by there in the way to the MP's office, that'd be swell... Hang in there folks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home